A switch, a toggle switch, is another form element that can be utilized to create an intuitive user interface. The switch allows users to select a response by toggling it between two states. Based on the selection made by the user, the corresponding Boolean value of either true or false will be recorded and stored in the process instance values for future reference.
Configuring the switch element
The available configuration options for this form element are:
- Process data key - creates the binding between form element and process data so it can be later used in decisions, business rules or integrations
- Label - The label of the Switch
The Label field supports Markdown syntax, enabling you to customize the text appearance with ease. To explore the Markdown syntax and its various formatting options, click here.
- Helpertext - additional information about the switch element (can be hidden inside an infopoint)
- Default Value - the default value of the switch form field (it can be switched on or switched off)
The following validators can be added to a switch element:
custom (more details here).
UI actions can be added to the switch element to define its behavior and interactions.
- Event - possible value: CHANGE
- Action Type - select the action type
For more details on how to configure a UI action, click here.
The label of the switch can be positioned either as
For more valid CSS properties, click here.